The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024 is a special opportunity for people to get a two-year master’s degree for free. If you qualify, you’ll study at a university in a Commonwealth country that isn’t very rich. This means you’ll be doing your degree in a different country. The scholarship pays for everything during the entire program, so you won’t have to worry about any expenses.
The scholarship has two parts. The first one starts in November or December, and the second one starts in March or April. You only have to apply once, but if you want to study in a different country, you can apply again. People from Commonwealth countries, including citizens and those with refugee status, can apply. More information is provided below.
Exploring the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
- Scholarship by: Queen Elizabeth
- Degree Level: Master (two years)
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: January 10, 2024
The scholarship covers:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to the host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Grant for Research Support (available upon request; needs approval)
List of Countries and Universities for QECS 2024
Countries and Universities for QECS 2024
- Bangladesh: University of Dhaka
- Eswatini: University of Eswatini
- Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago: The University of the West Indies
- Kenya: Technical University of Kenya
- Malaysia: Universiti Putra Malaysia, University of Malaya
- Pakistan: COMSATS University Islamabad
- Tanzania: State University of Zanzibar (SUZA)
- Uganda: Makerere University
The application consists of:
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- Course at host university details
- Statements (Read about the type of statements required by QECS here)
- Upload supporting documents (including references)
Eligibility Criteria to Apply
- An applicant from a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Age Rule: You can be any age to qualify for a QECS Award.
- To apply, you need to have achieved at least a 2:1 (or an equivalent grade) in your undergraduate studies.
- You must have already completed your undergraduate degree. Final year students are not eligible.
- Funds are only available for two years.
- The QECS awards are only for people who are studying full-time.
How can you apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2024?
Check out the countries and universities offering scholarships in this round. To learn more about the course you’re interested in, visit the university’s website using the provided links.
Finish and send in your QECS application by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button for the university and course you want. Also, submit an application to the university to get admitted to the course you’ve selected.