NIG Internship 2024 is a big chance for college and graduate students interested in genetics. The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) and the Genetics program (Sokendai) in Japan are providing a fully funded research internship. If you want to gain experience in genetics and related life sciences, this program is for you. During the internship, you’ll get to do your research with support from a mentor at NIG. Plus, all expenses for the program are covered.
In addition, the program teaches participants about scientific research, and how to communicate scientifically, and includes visits to laboratories. The NIG Internship for 2024 is scheduled to run from June 13 to July 24, 2024. After the internship, the candidates will present their work and share their experiences in the “Nagintran Reports Symposium”. Finally, NIG will provide a certificate. Further details about the NIG Internship 2024 are provided below.
- NIG will pay for the plane tickets from your home country to Japan and back.
- NIG will also cover the Airport Transfer
- Costs for where you stay and insurance for your travel are covered during the program.
- Living and miscellaneous expenses.
Check Also: LPI Summer Internship, USA (Fully Funded)
- June 13– July 24, 2024.
Note: NIG covers only fixed-period expenses.
Who can Apply for the NIG Internship Program?
- Applicants are required to be in the penultimate academic year at the time of submitting their application. For example:
- In the third year of a four-year bachelor’s program, in the second year of a three-year bachelor’s program, and in the fourth year of a five-year program, In the first year of a two-year master’s program, or in the fifth year of a six-year program.
- Candidates must show their interest in genetics and related fields in life sciences.
- NIG welcomes applications from any country/nationality.
Check Also: Commonwealth Split Site PhD Scholarships In UK
How to Apply for the NIG Internship?
They accept applications through the online application system. You can also read this application guideline on how to complete the online application.
The online application system opens on November 27, 2023, and closes at noon on January 9, 2024 (Japan Standard Time, JST).