The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for people from countries with lower and middle incomes. These scholarships allow them to research at a UK university for a year—the Commonwealth Split Site Ph.D. Scholarships for 2024 cover all the costs, and anyone applying must be a citizen of a qualifying Commonwealth country or have refugee status granted by one.
To get a Commonwealth Split Site scholarship at UK universities, you must apply through the CSC online application system. You’ll find out if you got the scholarship around July 2024, and if you do, your studies in the UK will start in September or October 2024. More information about the Commonwealth Split Site PhD Scholarships for 2024/25 is provided below.
Details About the Scholarship
- Name: Commonwealth Split Site PhD Scholarships
- Country: UK
- Degree Level: Research (PhD)
- Duration: 12 Months
- Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 5th December 2023
- Outcome of Scholarship: July 2024
- Study Begins: September 2024
The scholarship covers the cost of the flight from the scholar’s home country to the UK and back from the UK to the home country.
- Approved tuition fees: full fees are covered
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,347 per month,
- or £1,652 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at current levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study-related travel grant within the UK or overseas.
- If a scholar is widowed, divorced, or a single parent, a child allowance of £576.61 per month for the first child, and £143 per month for the second.
You should either be a citizen of a qualifying Commonwealth country or have been given refugee status.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- You must be registered as a Ph.D. in an eligible Commonwealth country by the time the scholarship starts in September 2024
- Be available to start academic study in the UK in September 2024.
- Provide all supported documents.
Please Check the following Links:
- Proof of citizenship
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications
- References from at least two individuals, in PDF format
- A PDF statement of support is needed from a supervisor in the UK whose institution is mentioned on the application form.
- A PDF-format supporting statement is required from the existing supervisor at the originating university.
Please check the link below:
Scholarships are tenable for 12 months of study at any approved UK university. For the full list, see here: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/uk-universities
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Split Site PhD Scholarships 2024/25?
Applications to the CSC must be made using the CSC’s online application system. Please read the official call document below.