The 2024 Global Korea Scholarship for bachelor’s degree programs is now available. It’s a scholarship paid for by the Korean government, so you don’t need an IELTS test. They’ll pick about 262 students for this scholarship, and there are two ways to apply: through the embassy or directly through the university. You can even apply for both if you want.
- Embassy Track: If you want to apply through the embassy track, you must submit your application to the Korean Embassy in your home country, where you are a citizen. There are 86 scholarships available through this method.
- University Track: On the other hand, in the university track, you can apply directly to specific universities. You don’t need to go through the embassy. There are 176 scholarships available this way.
So, in total, there are 262 scholarships available when you combine both tracks.
Information About the 2024 Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship (GKS)
- Host Country: South Korea
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Associate Degree
- Number of Scholarships: 262
- Deadline: Different for each country
GKS Scholarship Benefits
The GKS is a big scholarship program supported by the Korean government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Korea. It’s the largest scholarship program ever offered by the Korean Government, and it covers all your expenses.
The Scholarship Covers:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Full tuition fees.
- Settlement Allowance
- Monthly Allowance
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee
- Degree Program Tuition Fee
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Allowance
- Degree Completion Grants
- Korean Proficiency Grants
- Exploration of Korean culture.
- Deepen Korean education.
- Professional and personal development of individuals.
- Prosperity around the globe.
Is the GKS scholarship available for undergraduates?
Yes, the GKS extends scholarships to not only undergraduates but also to candidates pursuing masters and doctoral degrees. degree programs. The Call for Master’s and PhD programs will open in 2024.
Duration of Program
- Associate Degree: 1 year of the Korean language program, 2~3 years of the degree program
- Undergraduate Degree: 1 year of the Korean language program, 4~6 years of the degree program
Every subject or area of study that the universities involved with GKS provide.
Eligibility Criteria for the GKS Scholarship 2024
- Citizens of all countries except Korean citizens can apply.
- Candidates who have a bachelor‟s degree cannot apply.
- Candidates who have an Associate Degree can apply for Undergraduate courses only.
- CGPA must be above 2.64 out of 4, 2.80 out of 4.3, 2.91 out of 4.5, or 3.23 out of 5.0.
- The percentile must be 80% or more.
- Must be in perfect health
- no criminal record.
For Result Waiting applicants:
People who are about to finish school need to give a document showing when they will graduate when they apply. If such candidates are successful in the first round of selection, they must submit their graduation certificate (or degree certificate) by 31 December 2023.
- Application form.
- Personal statement
- Study plan.
- Letter of recommendation.
- GKS applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- Graduation certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Proof of the citizenship of parents.
- Overseas Korean Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean Citizenship Renunciation Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean War Veteran’s Descendant proof, if any.
- Valid TOPIK certificate or English proficiency from the previous institution or English proficiency.
- Awards and other certificates.
- Passport copy.
How to Apply for the GKS Korea Scholarship 2024?
You can send applications directly to the university through the embassy and the university.
Getting a GKS Korean Government Scholarship isn’t the same everywhere. The way you apply depends on your country.
I recommend you visit the official website and read the instructions on how to submit the application properly for the GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024.