The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Mexico invites people from other countries to apply for the Mexican Government Scholarships 2023. This scholarship is fully funded, which means all expenses are covered. It is available to people from over 180 different countries. This scholarship is for those who wish to pursue a master’s degree, PhD, or research after graduation.
More than 80 Mexican universities are participating in this scholarship program. Students can find a guide in English to help them with the application process. The Mexican government is grateful that you have chosen Mexico as your place to study. If you want to know more about the benefits and how to apply for this scholarship, keep reading below.
About Mexico Government Scholarship 2023
- Host Country: Mexico
- Scholarship by: Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID)
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral, Post Doctorate
- Financial Coverage: Fully funded
- Last date: 15 July 2023
Who can Apply?
The scholarship program of the Mexican Government is open to more than 180 countries. Applicants can check the list of Eligible Countries.
Scholarship Level and Period
|Undergraduate Mobility Program||24 months maximum|
|Master’s Mobility Program||12 months maximum|
|Master’s Program||24 months maximum|
|Doctoral Program||36 months maximum|
|Postgraduate Research Stays (Master’s,
Doctoral, and Postdoctoral)
|12 months maximum|
The Mexican Government Scholarship 2023 for world wide students is a Fully Funded scholarship. All expenses will be fully covered:
- Monthly Stipend
- Enrollment and Tuition Fee
- Medical Coverage
- Visa Fee waiver
- International Flight Tickets
- In City Transportation
- To apply for the scholarship, you must complete and sign the application form. You will also need to write a letter explaining why you want to study or do research in Mexico.
- The letter should not exceed 2 pages, should be written in Arial font size 12 and single-spaced.
Curriculum vitae. (The document length should not exceed three pages. Please use Arial font size 12 and maintain line spacing).
- You must obtain a letter from the Mexican institution where you will be studying. This letter should confirm that they have accepted you as a student or responded to your application for admission. Be sure to check the requirements section of the acceptance letter to see what else is required.
- You have to write a letter in which you promise to return to your country after completing your studies.
- You must write a letter to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the scholarship application.
- Copy of the birth certificate.
- You need to provide a colored copy of your passport or a government-issued photo ID that is valid and shows your personal details.
- You should include a copy of a medical certificate issued by either a public institution or a private healthcare provider. The certificate should be dated no more than three months before you submit your application.
- If Spanish is not your native language, you need to provide a copy of a document that proves your advanced proficiency in Spanish. This document should be issued by a university or educational center and should certify a minimum B2 level of proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- A letter in which the applicant has protested that the information provided is correct.
- All the documents and forms you submit should be in Spanish. If any of the documents are in a different language, you need to provide translations of those documents into Spanish.
- Students from any of the countries mentioned in the list are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently not residing in Mexico can also apply.
The end date to submit an application for the Mexican Government Scholarship is 15th July 2023.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill out the application in Spanish. Apply Online at Academic Cooperation Management System (SIGCA): https://sigca.sre.gob.mx
You can find the official announcement for the Mexico Government Scholarship 2023 by clicking on the link provided below.